about Doug Wilson and his defense of two child rapists in his community, one NSA student and one Greyfriar, and his continued attack and abuse of the victims, their families, and anyone who speaks up for them.
The Shubin Report is 499 pages at 42 megabytes and worth the download. It splits into two main parts: “Overview and Analysis of the Sitler Case,” pages 1–29; and “Overview and Analysis of the Wight Case with Supporting Documentation,” pages 30–108. The remainder is an exhaustive collection of primary-source documents that systematically presents the facts regarding Steven Sitler & Jamin Wight, as well as Doug Wilson’s interpretation of those facts. This work breaks new ground at several points. For example, Rachel exchanged 77 emails with Doug Wilson over a 6-week period, which he abruptly ended when he realized that she pinned him. Rachel also exchanged emails with Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson that led to interesting discoveries. And amazingly, Rachel extended her research to include John Bradbury, the original sentencing judge in Jamin Wight’s first felony conviction.
- SCHOOLS ASSOCIATION REJECTED AFTER FOUNDER’S PAST SURFACES
- VIDEO: Natalie Greenfield: My Story of Abuse, Shaming, and Recovery
A video, 1 hour and 15 minutes long, that Natalie gave at the University of Idaho.
- A Commentary on Sexual Abuse in the Evangelical Church, by Sarah Taras and Marci Preheim
- Pedophiles in the Church: A Dogmatic Introduction, by Uri Brito.
Finally, a CREC pastor speaks out against pedophiles and the way that Doug Wilson has handled pedophiles in Moscow (though he does not mention Doug Wilson by name).
- New blog! Truth About The CREC, stories from Moscow, easily identifiable and recognizable by anyone who has attended NSA.
- GOP bill would allow group founded by anti-gay slavery defender to accredit Tennessee schools by David Edwards
- My Email Exchange With The Pastor Who Defends My Rapist by Natalie Greenfield
- Entire Transcript of Meeting Between Doug Wilson and Gary Greenfield, during which DW threatens Gary Greenfield
- Doug Wilson Misleads His Congregation: Part 2 by Natalie Greenfield
- When Doug Wilson Misled His Congregation by Natalie Greenfield
“On Tuesday, October 27th, 2015 Douglas Wilson, pastor of Christ Church in Moscow, Idaho held a Heads of Household meeting specifically to discuss the “recent controversies”, namely the Sitler and Wight/Greenfield situations. The meeting was secretly recorded and the transcript was provided to me. It’s many pages long so rather than share the transcript all at once in its entirety, I’ve decided to present and address several segments of it over a series of blog posts. … Please note, this is not hearsay. This is a transcript written verbatim from an audio recording of Doug Wilson’s words to his congregation – irrefutable quotes from Doug himself which reveal something extremely important: a rampant and dangerous misunderstanding of sexual abuse, its effects, and how it should be handled.”
- Douglas Wilson’s book pulled over plagiarism, co-author Randy Booth takes responsibility for the book’s mistakes by Emily Belz at World Magazine
- Wrestling with Wesley by Douglas Wilson
An article Doug wrote 22 years ago about Wesley’s plagiarism. Hilarious reading for those familiar with current controversy.
- Who’ll be there? by Carl Trueman
- “Failure to give credit is plagiarism.” from The Truth About Moscow
Doug Wilson plagiarizes from Gary North in a book he did not co-author with anyone!
- Doug Wilson & Serial Plagiarism by Rod Dreher
“Randy Booth, the co-author of A Justice Primer, is the man Wilson appointed to investigate the way he and his church handled accusations of sexual abuse within the church. Credibility? None left. Not a shred of it, if ever there was.”
- Canon Press, Doug Wilson, and Randy Booth’s Statements About Plagiarism in A Justice Primer
Doug Wilson says, “Not my fault whatsoever!”
- Justice, Character, and Plagiarism by Rachel Miller
Doug Wilson and Randy Booth plagiarized together in the book they co-authored about justice.
- My Response to CREC Internal Inquiry Questions: Part III by Natalie Greenfield
- Winning by warping by Katie Botkin
According to Doug Wilson, nudity in art is just fine as long as it is not Natalie’s husband.
- Letter from Doug Wilson by Biblical Sex
- Art and the masculine by Katie Botkin
- On “digging up evil” from The Truth About Moscow
- There Are Lots of Good Fish in the Sea – Red Herrings by Cicero Kirk
- 4 ultra-conservative Christian patriarchs who make Jim Bob Duggar seem like a champion of women’s liberation by Vyckie Garrison
- Meet the Shock-Jock Theologian Offering Grace to a Small Town’s Abusers, Forgiveness to the Abused by Laura Turner
- How Complementarianism Played Into My Sexual Abuse Under My Former Pastor, Doug Wilson by Natalie Greenfield for Jory Micah’s blog
- Rebuking the abused in the name of Jesus by Boz Tchividjian
- A Translation of the CREC Review Committee Mission Statement from The Doug Wilson Archive (reader submission)
- Fact-checking what Doug told the church by Katie Botkin
- Doug Wilson: “I am not defending the rapist.” by Rachel Miller
- The Christ Church Commitment to Loyalty: #FreeSpeechApocalypse from The Truth About Moscow
Click to read the whole story and see the loyalty oath that Doug Wilson used to force Duck Schuler out of New Saint Andrews because Schuler voted against Nate Wilson becoming an NSA fellow.
- The Free Speech Mockery by Katie Botkin
- When Doug Wilson Called My Father An Abuser by Natalie Greenfield
A powerful post about the lies Doug Wilson is still spreading about the Gary Greenfield being an abuser and testimony from each of the Greenfield family members.
- On Blame-shifting: A Corruption of Justice Primer from The Truth About Moscow
- Domestic Violence, Jim and Doug Wilson, and Damaging Pastoral Response to Abuse in Marriages from Spiritual Sounding Board
- How Society Silences Sexually Abused Children, by Sarah Chang
- Abuse Doesn’t Look The Way You Think It Looks, by Natalie Greenfield
- An Open Letter to John Piper about Doug Wilson, by Nate Sparks
- Sex offenders in the pews: Let’s not be deceived, by Boz Tchividjian
- Top 5 Reasons Churches Went to Court in 2014, by Richard Hammar
Number one reason: Sexual abuse of minors.
- For Shame, by Katie Botkin
- The Tragedy of Shaming by Natalie Greenfield
This is how Christ Church and Doug Wilson treat victims.
- On Their Conscience Seared from The Truth About Moscow
- On the CREC Inquiry: A Corruption of Justice Primer from The Truth About Moscow
- Are abuse survivors best served when institutions investigate themselves? by Boz Tchividjian
- Nancy Wilson: “my ministry is visibly connected to my husband’s and is not seen as a separate work” by Rachel Miller
- The Counselor of Child Molesters by Katie Botkin
- For anyone who might send their child to New Saint Andrews College from The Truth About Moscow
- Ministering to Pedophiles by April Kelsey
- Assessing risk in sex-offender situations by Samantha Malott
- Doug Wilson’s Christ Church and Handling of Sex Abuse Cases to be Investigated by Insider? by Julie Anne
Randy Booth, the man heading the investigation into Doug Wilson, is not only a close friend of Wilson but the two of them have written a book about justice together. They agree on how to handle what they call “sexual justice” cases. Of course, Booth is not going to find a problem with anything Wilson has done.
- Douglas Wilson Digs In, by Rod Dreher
There have been a few updates to the article, including this one. “UPDATE.3: Starting at around the 24-minute mark in this audio recording of the recent Sitler hearing, the county attorney says that the court records show that Sitler admitted to his wife (who failed to report to authorities, as she was supposed to do), and subsequently to others, that he had been sexually stimulated by physical contact with his infant. The attorney’s voice cracks with anger talking about it. I previously thought that the government moved solely on the basis of a failed polygraph, but no, there’s a personal admission by Sitler himself that his infant son turned him on.”
- Silencing Women – the guaranteed way for men to stay in control, by Tim Fall
- The Next Christian Sex Abuse Scandal, by Kathryn Joyce
- Seeing Through the Fog: A Pastor’s Hate Unmasked, by April Kelsey
A clear explanation of why the language and wording that Doug Wilson uses is the way many abusers talk in order to manipulate and lie.
- Inquiry into the Pastoral Ministry of Christ Church (Moscow, Idaho)
An official announcement from the CREC. “In keeping with the CREC Constitution and our regular church order, the session of Christ Church, Moscow, ID, has invited the presiding ministers of each presbytery to inquire into the pastoral care and counseling ministry of Christ Church, with particular regard to their handling of sexual abuse cases, not excluding the two cases that have been the subject of some recent controversy.”
- Douglas Wilson Digs In, by Rod Dreher
Rod Dreher breaks down Wilson’s points and points out the utter absurdity of what he is saying.
- The dangers of keeping things in the church, by Katie Botkin
“It is not persecution to demand that the smallest and weakest be given an equal voice, be sheltered from abusive men and abusive processes. It is persecution, and worse, to silence the least of these. Jesus saved his harshest words for church leaders who abused their authority; Jesus spoke kindly to women the rest of society despised. Not the other way around, as Doug Wilson and some of his followers appear to believe.”
- From Natalie Greenfield’s Twitter today: A source close to Doug was told this by him: “Natalie provoked the sexual encounters and is now playing the victim because she’s not saved.”
- Abuse and the Wilsonian Theology: A Survivor’s Story
Doug Wilson’s father and the way he abused an abuse victim.
- Not Where She Should Be, by Douglas Wilson
An old Credenda/Agenda article about marriage. What should a husband do if his wife does not do her duty and keep the dishes clean? He should call the elders. This article, along with many other horrible things Doug Wilson has written, has been deleted from his website. [Update: A reader sent in a “retraction” Doug Wilson wrote about his dishes article.]
- An open Letter to the pastors, elders, and deacons of Christ Church and Trinity Reformed Church, by Rose Huskey
A powerful letter which is relevant to everyone in the CREC. It will be interesting to see how the churches will respond, if they do at all.
- Examining Doug Wilson’s Response to Karen Swallow Prior, by April Kelsey
A very insightful analysis of Doug Wilson’s response and his attitude towards women.
- Caught in the spotlight: Christian leaders who mishandle sexual abuse disclosures, by Boz Tchividjian
- Doug Wilson’s ‘Reluctant Response’, by Rod Dreher
A response to his response with more information and clarifications from his readers.
- Obvious Lies and Gratuitous Spins, by Katie Botkin
UPDATE: A second witness has come forward testifying to Doug Wilson’s current lies and his attempts to cover things up in order to keep Jamin Wight out of jail. (Scroll to the very bottom of the post.)
- A Question for Wilson Fans, by Rachel Miller
A powerful article with direct quotes from Wilson himself and other sources about his credentials, slavery, plagiarism, Federal Vision, baptism, paedocommunion, patriarchy, marriage, sex, women, and how he has never apologized or admitted wrongdoing.
- Rod Dreher on Doug Wilson’s Scandal in Moscow, by Warren Throckmorton
The man who helped expose Mark Driscoll’s corruption and bring him down now weighs in on Doug Wilson.
- Where The Light Belongs, by Natalie Greenfield
Her response to Doug Wilson’s latest lies from this morning.
- Tim Keller, Sex, and Eternal Submission Doctrine: Summing up the Sexualization of the Trinity with Shirley Taylor
In the Moscow-Pullman Daily News on August 7, 2007, Doug Wilson wrote, “Father is the Lover, the Son is the Beloved, and the Holy Spirit is the love of each for the other.” So homosexual intercourse is a perversion except when engaged in by the Trinity. Then it’s OK.
- Why Victims Don’t Tell: Sandusky case sheds light on complexities of sexual abuse
Good article for understanding child victims of sexual abuse.
- Scandal In Moscow, by Rod Dreher
One of the widest circulated Christian magazines takes on Doug Wilson’s abuse against victims in his church. Very detailed article with links to prime sources. Includes humorous update at the end. Doug Wilson is either lying or he doesn’t know how to hit the send button on his e-mail. Hmm. Which could it be?
- A Brief Clarification, by Andrew Sandlin
It has begun! People are distancing themselves from the child-rapist-defending pastor. Sandlin does not want to be seen as endorsing Doug Wilson, whom he says is “coddling pedophiles, publicly mocking godly critics, and favoring convicted sex abusers over their victims. My friends know that I find these actions godless and reprehensible.”
- Hyper-Headship and the Scandal of of Domestic Abuse in the Church, by Justin Taylor
The Gospel Coalition speaks up against domestic abuse. Remaining quiet about abuse or telling people to be quiet about it is siding with the abusers against the victims.
- Pastors, Power, and Prettiness, by Karen Swallow Prior
Christianity Today, another major publication, has joined in to condemn Doug Wilson, pointing out his obsession with condemning women for how they look.
- For the Sake of Clarity – The Timeline
A detailed timeline of Natalie’s grooming by Jamin Wight from age 13, his repeated rapes (forced oral sex and fisting) until age 16, and the beginning of legal proceedings.
- Yes, we are still talking about this
One story of how he raped her and a scan of the letter on Christ Church stationery that Doug Wilson sent to the police defending Jamin.
- The letter Doug wrote to my father
The story of how Natalie was treated by Christ Church after she came forward as a teenager about her abuse and a scan of Doug Wilson’s letter on Christ Church stationery threatening and blaming Gary Greenfield.
- Doug Wilson, localized into American English
A few of his public, documented lies.
- 50 Shades Darker in the CREC
Physical and sexual abuse in the CREC labelled as “Biblical correction” and how it relates to Doug Wilson’s complete lack of understanding of submission and sexual consent.
- Why men who submit to authority are prettier
An examination of Doug Wilson’s straw man argument that all non-Christian women are “lumberjack dykes” or idiot whores who read Cosmo sex articles and the public record of Doug Wilson’s beginnings as a liar and a manipulator at the Evangelical Free Church in Pullman in the ‘70s before he started Christ Church.
- The CREC’s Cult of Silence
Doug Wilson protects a child rapist; Mike Lawyer, Wilson’s right-hand man and head of the CREC Center For Biblical Counseling, supports a man who secretly records his wife, Lawyer threatens and bullies her, and then posts her story on his counseling website.
- The Wittenburg Door
Doug Wilson has never retracted or apologized for anything he has done, but if people in his congregation do the same, they are barred from communion.
- The letter on Christ Church stationery
Doug Wilson’s lies about protecting the victims and his letter threatening the victim’s parents.
- Wilson on pedophiles and spotting the wolves
Doug Wilson’s continued insistence that he was right in marrying off a serial pedophile/child rapist and protecting another child rapist who went on to strangle his wife and physically abuse her, and his continued attack against the victims.
- Doug Wilson on Marriage
Marriage for child rapists.
- It’s your fault if one of Doug Wilson’s followers rapes your 13 year old daughter: Therefore it’s not really rape
- The Open Letter Part 5: “the temptations”: The Normalization of Pedophilia
- Steven Sitler’s Known Career in Pedophilia
A detailed timeline, legal documents, and his engagement story (his marriage that was arranged by Christ Church).
- An open letter to Doug Wilson who is yet again seeking to impose harm upon the innocent – by Gary Greenfield, Natalie’s father
- A statement about leaving the kirk – Peter Roise’s public statement on Facebook
- Why We Left the CREC, Part 1 — The Engagement
- Why We Left the CREC, Part 2 — The Job
- A message from Peter Leithart
A public apology on Facebook for his part in dealing with Jamin Wight.
- Doug Wilson’s Failure to Safeguard Children – The Aquila Report
- Now is not the time for silence – The new blog
- Doug Wilson’s Defense of Child Molester Steven Sitler – Homeschoolers Anonymous
- Pastor Doug Wilson and Ed Iverson encourage marriage of Pedophile Steven Sitler, Christ Church – Spiritual Sounding Board
- Pedophile Supported by Doug Wilson ‘Allegedly Molests’* a Baby. Christians: There Is No Excuse. This Must Stop! – The Wartburg Watch
- Translation of Doug Wilson’s Open Letter… on Steven Sitler – Translations by Ellie
- Memes about the Christ Church Session Statement – CREC Memes